Engine DJ have announced the latest updates to their DJ software/operating system, Engine 3.0 – relevant for users of Denon’s standalone gear (including their media players), or indeed Numark’s Mixstream Pro/Pro+.
Along with a number of improvements and fixes, the 3.0 update brings the first-ever built-in sampler for standalone DJ systems and media players, plus ‘Engine Remote Library’, which allows users to access their entire Engine DJ music collection when their laptop is connected to the same Wi-Fi as the hardware.
See the full list of changes and promo video below or visit the Engine DJ website for more information.
Related: Wondering which DJ software is right for you?? Check out this post where we break down the 6 major players in the market and how to choose the right one!
Engine 3.0 – key features
- Drop Sampler – All Engine DJ devices now offer 8 slots to store and trigger one-shot style samples. Samples can be loaded to the sample slots from the library by swiping the desired sample to the right and tapping the desired pad at the bottom of the screen or a physical pad on a deck in Sampler mode.
- Engine Remote Library – Access the entire Engine DJ (Desktop) music collection from Engine DJ hardware over Wi-Fi or wired networks without packing a drive. Engine Remote Library also makes it easier to prepare hot cues and loops, and make beat grid adjustments with physical hardware controls.
- Sampler Content – In addition to the Sampler, all Engine DJ devices now include a broad selection of preloaded samples. Samples include complete drum kits, scratch phrases, risers, impact hits, and other various effects.
- Performance Pad Heads-Up Display – All Engine DJ devices now offer the performance pad heads-up display. This allows the user to easily see Hot Cue and Loop names, loaded Samples, and other performance pad info directly from the main display.
- Effect parameter values are now reset to the factory default values when loading new effects. When “Reset Effects Upon Load” is toggled ‘off’, the last used values per effect will be recalled instead. This new option can be found in the Mixer settings.
- Fixed an issue where a Wi-Fi input/output error dialog was displayed in some scenarios.
- Note: This version calculates Wi-Fi signal strength slightly differently than previous versions. This may result in signal strengths showing up as lower in 3.0. This does not affect the strength or quality of the Wi-Fi connection.
- In the event that an Engine DJ hardware device fails to boot because of an “Unable to create local storage” error, the error dialog now offers a factory reset button to resolve this issue.
- Fixed an issue where changing the effect via the FX Select knob without pressing the knob to confirm would result in the effect On/Off state showing up incorrectly (SC LIVE 2/4)
- Other various stability enhancements & improvements
Visit our DJ News feed for all the latest in the world of DJ tech or sign up for updates!