A new music library backup service just launched for working DJs.
My DJ Cloud has been designed for DJs, by DJs, and is the fastest, music-focused backup platform on the market according to the US company.
With more integrations on the way, the service currently works with Serato, Rekordbox and Virtual DJ, automatically backing up all tags, cue points, crate updates, and file edits. It also has a robust mobile app that allows DJs to access any synced music on their phones!
My DJ Cloud places emphasis on speed, ease-of-use, and affordability, whilst utilizing market-leading technology to keep your data safe.
The Founder said the platform was created in response to a pressing need for a dedicated backup service, protecting against hard drive failure, stolen devices, missing or corrupted backups, and so on.
How much does it cost?
Offering the first month free, the subscription model has two tiers: $7.99 p/month for the ‘Essential Plan’ (200 GB storage) and $11.99 for the ‘Professional Plan’ (2,000 GB storage). Visit My DJ Cloud’s website to try it yourself.
An Invitation to Collaborate
The company have said they plan to improve the platform based on feedback from the DJ community. To make this easy, they’ve created a dedicated discord page, a bit like a forum. You can join that here, or email feedback and ideas to email@example.com.
- Works with Serato, Rekordbox and Virtual DJ (others coming soon)
- DJ Metadata Backup: All tags, cue points, crate updates, and file edits are automatically backed up.
- iTunes Support: My DJ Cloud includes a one-click feature that adds the entire iTunes library to secure cloud storage.
- Smart Sync: The platform’s smart sync feature triggers backups only when users are not DJing.
- Emoji Support: This enables DJs to back up their crates that use emojis in the name.
- Mobile app for streaming: Access and play your music on your mobile, with the ability to search for any of the metadata associated with your music.