Targeted mostly at ‘just for fun’ DJs and beginners, InMusic recently released another iteration of their popular Numark Mixstream Pro DJ controller – the Numark Mixstream Pro Go.
As well being a completely standalone unit – thanks to the built-in Engine DJ operating system & touchscreen, WiFi (for streaming services & Dropbox access), and of course speakers – the Pro Go comes with the addition of a rechargeable battery, making it the world’s first 100% ‘cable free’ DJ controller.
Up until this point, despite also having battery-powered capability, even the Denon Prime Go (Denon also being a brand of InMusic), would still require connected cables to hook up speakers; noting that the Prime Go is designed for professional use.
Other than the rechargeable battery and a fresh colour scheme, it’s important to note the Mixstream Pro Go has exactly same build specs as the original model released back in 2021. For reference, here’s what you’re paying for with the three different models …plus some handy links:
Different models / pricing:
* Numark Mixstream Pro is $640 US (released in 2021)
* Numark Mixstream Pro + is $699 US (the only difference is it also works with Amazon Music, released Jan 2023)
* Numark Mixstream Pro Go is $840 US (this has a rechargeable battery and works with Amazon Music).
Related post #1: The 7 best DJ controllers for beginners (this post includes the Mixstream Pro).
Related post #2: 5 of the best all-in-one DJ systems (for reference, this post covers the also-battery-powered Denon Prime Go at the end).
For more information on the Numark Mixstream Pro Go, visit the product page.
Numark Mixstream Pro Go – key features:
- Rechargeable battery for mixing on the go
- Built-in Wi-Fi for access to streaming services: Amazon Music Unlimited, TIDAL, Beatport, Beatsource, SoundCloud Go+, and Dropbox
- Engine DJ embedded operating system for laptop-free performances and cutting-edge features like embedded Sampler, Remote Library access, onboard song analysis, Touch FX, and more!
- Built-in speakers with volume control for home use, practicing, and monitor applications
- Engine Lighting embedded lighting control for Philips Hue, Nanoleaf, and DMX lighting
- Computer Mode for use as a software controller for Serato DJ (in an upcoming release) and Virtual DJ
- 7” multi-gesture high-definition touchscreen
- 6” capacitive-touch scratch wheels with Smart Scratch feature for on-beat scratching
- 4 dual-layer performance pads on each deck
- 4 performance mode pads on each deck (Cue, Saved Loop, Auto Loop, Roll)
- FX section with 4 effects and 2 toggle switches
- Large Filter knob on each deck
- Pitch Bend buttons and dedicated Pitch Slider
- Selectable Pitch ranges of 4%, 8%, 10%, 20%, 50%, and 100%
- Dedicated Sync, Cue/Stop, and Play/Pause buttons
- 3-band EQ on each deck
- 2 USB inputs
- 1 SD Card input
- RCA Main outputs
- ¼” microphone input
- ¼” and 1/8” headphone output jacks
Visit our DJ News feed for all the latest in the world of DJ tech or sign up for updates!