Pioneer DJ has announced the DDJ-REV5 – a 2-channel, mid-tier DJ controller that works ‘plug-and-play’ with Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox.
It’s the newest addition to their ‘REV’ series of controllers, filling the gap between the DDJ-REV1 for beginners and the DDJ-REV7 in the upper price bracket.
With large jog wheels and a ‘scratch-style’ layout, standout features on the REV5 include the 8 x multi-colour rubber performance pads (located on the mixer, battle-style), a Magvel crossfader for accurate scratching, onboard Stems controls with dedicated volume and mute function, and long tempo sliders positioned horizontally above each deck.
The controller also introduces new innovative features like ‘auto-BPM transition’ to seamlessly mix different genres and ‘Piano Play’ mode for using performance pads as piano keys.
The DDJ-REV5 is available to pre-order now, priced at $1,100 USD / £999 GBP / €1,200 Euro. Visit Pioneer DJ’s website for more.
Best suited to: Aspiring scratch DJs and open-format DJs looking for a versatile unit that won’t break the bank.
Related post: 7 of the Best DJ Controllers For Beginners (includes the DDJ-REV1)
Related post: 7 of the Best Top-Tier DJ Controllers (includes the DDJ-REV7)
More resources: Watch Pioneer’s complete overview video here.
DDJ-REV5 – key features:
- 2-channel, 4-deck DJ controller; works plug-and-play with Serato DJ Pro and rekordbox
- Scratch-style design includes horizontal tempo faders above the decks, with performance pads and lever FX by the mixer
- 3-band EQ, stem level adjustment, multimode filter, 3 FX slots, and Paddle FX control
- Large CDJ-like jog wheels with adjustable resistance
- Adjustable Magvel crossfader designed to withstand intense scratching
- Onboard stem separation with dedicated volume and mute functions (stems can also be assigned to be controlled by the main EQs knobs)
- ‘Auto-BPM Transition’ to seamlessly mix different genres, in conjunction with Stems, Auto Loop, and Key Lock
- ‘Piano Play’ mode: use performance pads as piano keys
- Deck Move makes for quick, one-button toggling between decks
- Professional connectivity: XLR and RCA master outputs, balanced 1/4-inch booth output, RCA auxiliary input, 2 x dedicated mic inputs, 2 x USB-C outs (for easy laptop changeovers)