Iconic Australian electronic duo The Presets recently announced a colossal 20-date DJ tour to celebrate their 20th anniversary.
Scheduled through July to September at intimate bars & venues all over Australia, the pair (Sydneysiders Julian and Kim) will handpick an array of special guests to create a series of one-off events.
The duo began by banging out DJ sets in small clubs, testing out tracks they’d made together at home alongside tunes that were inspiring them at the time. In the 20 years since, The Presets live show has grown into an audio-visual behemoth that’s dominated festival main stages worldwide.
Now, they’re excited to announce 20 nights of DJ sets around Australia, playing small clubs and bars, reconnecting with the electric spirit that got them making music in the first place.
“We’ve been lucky enough to play the biggest stages and festivals in the world over the past 20 years’’, said Kim Moyers, ‘’but nothing compares to the buck-wild intensity of an intimate party. They are an entirely different beast and we can’t wait to unleash over these 20 nights.”
The Presets 2023 tour dates:
- Fri 14 Jul – Village Green Hotel, Mulgrave
- Sat 15 Jul – Pier Bandroom, Franston
- Thurs 20 Jul – Beach Hotel, Byron Bay
- Fri 21 Jul – Friday’s Riverside, Brisbane
- Sat 22 Jul – Kings Beach Tavern, Caloundra
- Fri 28 Jul – Burleigh Bazaar, Gold Coast
- Sat 29 Jul – C.EX, Coffs Harbour
- Fri 4 Aug – Shoal Bay Country Club, Shoal Bay
- Sat 5 August – Drifters Wharf, Central Coast
- Thurs 10 Aug – Gilligan’s, Cairns
- Fri 11 Aug – Kirwan Tavern (Outdoors), Townsville
- Sat 12 Aug – Magnums Hotel, Airlie Beach
- Fri 18 Aug – Beer Deluxe, Albury
- Sat 19 Aug – Torquay Hotel, Torquay
- Fri 25 Aug – UOW Uni Bar, Wollongong
- Sat 26 Aug – Kambri Anu, Canberra
- Wed 30 Aug – The Station, Perisher
- Fri 1 Sept – Miranda Hotel, Sydney
- Sat 2 Sep – Dee Why RSL, Sydney
- Sat 9 Sep – Monsoons, Darwin
Grab tickets via their website.
For more electronic music events in Australia, go to this feed. Header image: The Presets on Facebook.